Choosing from a wide variety of excellent neighborhoods is the biggest challenge to buying a home in the Houston area. Why? Because there are so many Houston areas to choose from and they all offer their own unique array of opportunities and highlights.
Whether first-time home buyers, relocation candidates, investors or down-sizing mature folks, historically low-interest rates and a wide selection of properties have created an excellent environment for both buyers and sellers. The Houston market is massive and desirable areas are plentiful. Regardless of income level or home size required, there are plenty properties that will meet any buyers’ needs and we can help you find the right place for you.
Trends in Houston Real Estate
Things to Do
With many parks, recreational and educational opportunities, new residents are finding the Houston area to be an ideal place for raising families. Houston boasts the Astros, Texans, Rockets and Dynamo, plus numerous minor league and semi-pro sports teams. Public parks, golf courses, swimming pools, hiking, biking, tennis and dog parks abound in the Houston area. Want a weekend get-away? The beaches of the Gulf of Mexico are less than an hour away.
Stats to Know
- The metropolitan Houston area is one of the largest in the United States. (Click to Tweet!)
- From 2000 to 2010, the metro Houston population grew faster than any other metropolitan area in the nation, rising to a population of around 6,662,000 in 2015. (Click to Tweet!)
- To accommodate the growth in housing demand, communities such as Sugar Land in Fort Bend County have developed into highly desirable residential locations.
- Sugar Land itself is one of the fastest growing communities in Texas with a population increase of 158% over the past decade. (Click to Tweet!)
Places to Work
While everyone identifies Houston is the heart of the nation’s energy industry, the city is far more diverse than simply gas and oil. In decades past, the real estate market would suffer as the price of petroleum fell, often leading to a recession in the area. However, the recent dramatic drop in oil prices has not imposed a significant negative effect on Houston real estate largely due to the broad diversification of Houston’s economy in recent years. Companies from non-energy related industries have selected the Houston area as their base of operations because of Houston’s central location, educated workforce, supportive business environment and excellent housing options.
While these are a few highlights of Houston, the place to start your Houston market search is to find your ideal realtor. There are many Houston realtors to choose from, but you just can't go wrong with eHomeHouston. That's a strong statement, we know. But we stand by it fiercely and here's why:
- Our owner and real estate broker, Julia Mickum, has over eighteen years of Houston real estate experience helping sellers to get top dollar, while guiding buyers in their quest for the best value in their dream home.
- If you are relocating to the Houston area, ehomehouston will help you to become fully oriented to the metro area and identify neighborhoods inside and around the city that may best fit your needs. Even after you're all moved in!
- Determining preferences such as proximity to schools, commute time, recreational and cultural resources, average home sizes and average home prices are the first steps in matching a buyer to the ideal community and we know this process like the back of our hands.
- We'll be pleased to help with the sale of the current home, and provide valid savings as well.
- Ready to downsize to a more maintenance-free home in a community with lots of recreational facilities and people with similar interests? We know the hot spots!
- Young professionals and first-time home buyers too will find a wide selection of affordable homes in the area with the help of ehomehouston.
Where you work and play, your needs as far as space and type of services, and amenities close by will help identify many great choices. With us on your team, you'll lose the headaches and gain the insights you need to make the best decision for you and your family.
As part of the professional service, ehomehouston offers sellers a detailed Competitive Market Analysis that will help to accurately price and market their home. Right pricing and marketing yield the best financial return, shortest on-the-market time and reduce all those typical home-selling stresses. Ready to make a move? Click below for your free Market Analysis.